Study TypeGeneral Health & Wellbeing
Study PurposeThe purpose of this research study is determine whether a lifestyle program that teaches pregnant women about healthy eating and modest exercise influences weight in her partner living in the same home.
About the Study
Can an intervention targeted to pregnant women have positive effects on partners and other members living in the home?
Pennington Biomedical Research Center and Woman’s Hospital are seeking partners and other members living in the home of enrolled participants in the Expecting Success study to determine whether lifestyle interventions to prevent excessive gestational weight gain in overweight/obese pregnant women have positive “ripple” effects on the weight, behaviors, and other health outcomes of partners and other members living in the home.
- 4 Clinic visits
- 2 visits during enrolled Expecting Success participant’s pregnancy
- 2 visits after enrolled Expecting Success participant’s delivery
- Height, weight, waist and body fat measurements
- Physical activity arm monitor for 1 week
- Food intake reporting
Number of visits:
Eligible participants will be asked to complete 4 study visits. The visits will occur when your pregnant partner is about 13 weeks pregnant, 35 weeks pregnant, and then 6 months and 1 year after the baby is born. The visits will last approximately 1 hour.
All study-related procedures will be provided at no cost to the participant.
- Man or woman considered a partner who is cohabitating in the home with the enrolled Expecting Success participant for the previous 3 months or recently married and living in the home
- Age: 18 years and older
- Other Members Living in the Home
- Men, women, or children living in the home of the partner and enrolled Expecting Success participant for the previous 3 months
Study Duration22 months
CompensationPartners can earn up to $100 in gift cards for participation and other members living in the home can earn up to $20 in gift cards for participation.
If you think you may be eligible, please click the button below to screen online.GET STARTED
Please do not fill out this questionnaire for anyone other than yourself unless you are their legal guardian.
If you know someone who may be interested please direct them to the site or have them call us directly at 225-763-3000.