Study PurposeMany people do not know they are at risk for diabetes or do not know they already have the disease. The most common factors that are associated with type 2 diabetes are: family history of diabetes, being overweight, a sedentary lifestyle, and diabetes during pregnancy. The purpose of this research study is to determine the health benefits of cranberry extract in people who are at risk for diabetes and heart problems.
About the Study
Did you know?
- More than 1 out of 3 adults have prediabetes
- Of these, 9 out of 10 people do not know they have prediabetes
- 15-30% of people with prediabetes will develop type 2 diabetes within 5 years
The CRANBERRY research study is based at Pennington Biomedical Research Center and will follow study participants who are obese and insulin-resistant for 10 weeks to investigate the effect of cranberry extract on improving their blood sugar and insulin levels.
- 2 screening visits
- 2 overnight stays (baseline and study end)
- 4 clinic visits
- 3 phone calls
- History and physical
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT) a blood sugar test to see if you have diabetes
- Measurement of blood vessel flow
- Hyperinsulinemic Clamp (IV insulin test)
Number of visits:
Participants will drink one 15.2 oz. bottle of cranberry extract or a placebo daily for 8 weeks. All study procedures will be provided at no cost to participants.
- Age:≥ 20 years old
- Weight: BMI 30-45 calculate your BMI
Study Duration10 weeks
CompensationEarn up to $800 for participation.
Study ContactIf you are interested in volunteering for the Cranberry study, click here to screen online, call 225-763-3000 or email email@example.com.
If you think you may be eligible, please click the button below to screen online.GET STARTED
Please do not fill out this questionnaire for anyone other than yourself unless you are their legal guardian.
If you know someone who may be interested please direct them to the site or have them call us directly at 225-763-3000.